LED Lights Are Pretty Cool
LED Christmas lights get more popular every year for several reasons. They use light-emitting diodes, rather than filament to produce light.
This newer technology makes LED lights more efficient, durable and longer-lasting than fluorescent or incandescent lights.
- The Cost Factor. LED Christmas lights may cost more money to buy, but you’ll save money in the long run. In fact, they o er an average of 88% energy savings compared to traditional holiday lights.
- Cool to the Touch. If you have children or pets, LEDs are a good choice because they produce next to no heat, and they’re always cool to the touch.
- The Weather Factor. LEDs have no problem coming on and working in cold temperatures. In fact, LEDs get more efficient as the outdoor temperature gets lower.
- Durability. In tests, LED bulbs didn’t burn out after more than 4,000 hours, while standard light-string bulbs burned out at a rate of one to two per strand before half that time.
- More Lights, Fewer Outlets. Typically, you can connect eight to 10 times more mini LED light strings together end to end while only using one electrical outlet.