Ripley Power and Light offers several ways to pay your utility bill each month.
You can pay your bill online. Click here to be taken to our secure server to make your payment online.
Through Bank Draft
The easiest way to pay your utility bill each month is through bank draft.
- We send your bank the amount you owe on your electric bill.
- We send you a copy of your bill.
- The bank deducts the amount from your savings or checking account on the day your bill is due.
- You don’t have to pay for postage, take the time to drive to one of our offices, or worry about being late with your payment.
To sign up for bank draft, use our online form or call us at 731-635-2323 or 731-836-7595.
Customers who prefer to keep track of their electric usage or pay a smaller deposit can opt for the Prepay Program.
The program works like this:
- To get started, you pay a $60 deposit and an initial minimum of $50 worth of electricity. (New customers also will have a $20 connect fee. Current customers who want to switch to Prepay can use their current deposit to offset the $60 deposit and possibly receive a deposit refund. Current customers also must have all of their electric bills paid before they can start on the program.)
- Your electric use is deducted from the amount of electricity you purchased.
- When the amount on the account is low, it’s up to you to buy more electricity. You can add $20 or more to your account as often as you need.
- Each day at 6 a.m., you’ll receive an email or a text message telling you the balance on the prepaid account, the amount of electricity used the day before, the amount used the month before, electric usage month to date, and the average usage per day.
- You can pay for electricity online at ripleypower.com with a credit card, over the phone with a credit card or in person at the Ripley or Halls office. You can pay any way you would normally pay your electric bill.
- If the account empties and is in the negative as the day begins, your electricity will cut off at 1 p.m. This gives you time to put money into your account.
You can mail your payment in the envelope that comes with your bill. Make sure you enclose the bottom portion of your bill.
Visit 150 S. Main St. in Ripley or 409 S. Church St. in Halls. Both offices are open 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Both locations also have a night deposit box. When paying in person or making a night deposit, make sure you bring or include the bottom portion of your bill.
24-Hour Bill Pay with Kiosk
Make your payment through a secure, bill payment machine located in the drive-through lanes at our Ripley and Halls offices. The machines, also called kiosks, accept several types of credit cards, as well as cash and checks. Cash will need to be in even amounts, such as $1, $5 or $20; the kiosk will not give change. Any extra money, however, will be applied to your account.
Ripley Power and Light offers a customized key tag that you can swipe to access your account through the kiosk. You can also enter your address and account number to pull it up or scan the bar code on the back of your bill. Download our step-by-step kiosk payment guide.
The kiosks also have the capability to accept payments for other companies. Businesses interested in using the kiosks can contact Mike Allmand at email@example.com or 731-635-2323.
Help Your Neighbors in Need
Ripley Power and Light’s Plus One Program helps those in need pay their utility bills. You can contribute to the program by a one-time donation or through your monthly utility bill. We administer the program at no cost. Sign up for the Plus One Program online.